Recently one of my dear friends shared her vegetable soup recipe with me and I absolutely love it! It is super easy and taste fantastic! I was always intemidated to cook with raw chicken. And I was always afraid of trying something like a soup, chili, or spaghetti and messing it up. This recipe is easy and beginer friendly :0) Feel free to make it your own and have fun with it!
What you will need:
Fresh chicken, preferably organic (to make it easier use organic chicken wings and thighs
2 16 ounce bags of vegetable medley (I use the frozen)
2-3 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
All natural chicken base
3-4 cups of fresh spinach
1 onion, chopped
1 bellpepper, chopped
1. Place onions, bellpepper, and chicken in a large pot and then fill it about 3/4 with water. Add 2-3 tbsp of chicken base and seasoning to taste. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the chicken is cooked about 1.5 -2 hours.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the broth, let it cool. Once it is cool take it off the bone and cut it into bite size pieces. Add the chicken back to the broth. I usually take the chicken bones and boil them in a small pot to get more chicken broth. (chicken broth is healing to the intestines and contains alot of minerals)
3. Add frozen vegetables and cherry tomatoes to the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer
until vegetables are tender.
4. Add fresh spinach, stir, and heat through
5. Fix yourself a large bowl and enjoy :0)
Note: You can add any vegetables that you like, kale, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, squash, whatever! Have fun with it and enjoy all the nutrients!